Thursday, October 1, 2020

A-Z of Soft Skills: O is for Openness

 What makes our lives easier to live? What makes our problems easier to solve? What helps us negotiate our way through this journey from birth to death? What makes it all worthwhile?


The network of relationships we create: with other people; with our geographies--the landscapes and cities we carry in our hearts; with the flora and fauna that define our seasons; with the histories that become the baggage we carry with us.

Being open to people unmet, places un-been, voices unheard and faces unseen grows me in ways I cannot imagine.
Being open to experiences I've never had and don't even know might exist makes me emotionally enlarged and enhanced.
Being open to viewpoints and opinions that are not mine enhances my cognitive process and makes me able to think in layers and nuances that I couldn't even guage before.

Open yourself in mind, body and soul. Let other's unsettle your constants and stabilities. Let go of who you know you are. Only then, maybe, you could begin the process of becoming who you could be!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Rumour Mill: how and why stories change when they go from person to person

image credit: www.wired-and-inspired.ca I tell you a story. You repeat it to someone else, who tells it to someone else and so on. In just a...