Thursday, October 1, 2020

A-Z of Soft Skills: T for Trying

 

I toyed with the idea of doing T for Time Management because I think that's a vital skill to have, but "trying"won hands down.

Of course I don't mean "trying" as in being difficult and annoying. I mean "trying" as in attempting, putting in effort, striving, applying yourself to something, not giving up, endeavouring, experimenting, practicing....

To get something we don't have, we have to do something we haven't yet done. So we try new things.
To fulfill our potential in life, we don't have to compete with others to be the best, we just have to try our hardest.
To not fail, we just have to not give up and keep on trying.
If we don't try, we will never know what we can achieve.

Try everything. Try hard. Try again. Trying is a tremendous soft skill and life lesson for everybody.

"There is no use trying,"said Alice; one can't believe impossible things."
"I dare say you haven't had much practice,"said the Queen. "When I was your age, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."
--Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Rumour Mill: how and why stories change when they go from person to person

image credit: www.wired-and-inspired.ca I tell you a story. You repeat it to someone else, who tells it to someone else and so on. In just a...